Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A castle, a carriage...a perfect wedding day

Wow! July has gone by so fast I haven't had a chance to keep my blog updated! A couple of weeks ago I photographed Jill and Scott's wedding at Dunafon Castle up outside of Morrison. It was a breathtaking location - I don't even think these images do the place justice. You really have to see it to take in the true beauty of the location.

Can I just say Jill and Scott are so much fun and I REALLY enjoyed photographing their wedding? And their vows were so sweet...I almost had a hard time listening because it became a choice between between really listening to the vows which was bringing me to tears...or focusing on my photography!

Here are a few of my favorite images from the day:

This image chokes me up every time I look at it because Jill's mom was totally teary eyed here during the moments between Jill getting ready and the ceremony starting. She looked so proud and happy and you could just feel the emotion she was feeling - it was such a beautiful 'mom' moment I had to give her a hug, too!


While we took some photos of Scott, he pulled out this flask and told me that it was a present from his new brother-in-law. It says 'Brothers 2008'. How great is that?


During Jill and her dad's carriage ride up the ceremony, they took a ride around the lake and its almost as though the geese floated by on cue.


I wonder if they realized how amazingly beautiful this setting was for a romantic ceremony. I am still amazed every time I look at these images!




These are two of my absolute favorite images from the day, so I thought I would do something a bit more special. Jill was stunning on her wedding day - you almost couldn't take your eyes off her - and I think this image captures her beauty perfectly.


I absolutely love the intimacy of this image - it is almost as though I wasn't there...just as it should be.


Jill and Scott - thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Your laughter and fun spirits are such a bright light and I wish you both so much happiness in your future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! how fantastic, we had a great time and can't wait to relive the night w/ more great pictures!
Congratulations,
Mike, Sara and family!