Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cinderella Wedding

Yesterday was Shannon and Brendon's wedding, whose engagement - Loomis-Loucks Engagement - I photographed back in April. What a fun time! Here are some of my favorite images:

Dad walking his daughter down the aisle.

The first dance - I love the way she is holding him so tightly!

This was hilarious! Just after the bouquet toss and before the garter toss, the groomsmen took us all by surprise and serenaded Shannon with "You've lost that loving feeling". (How many of you remember that from the movie 'Top Gun'?)

Talk about stopping traffic! We ran out into the middle of the busy street, stopping traffic to take this fun shot! (Amidst the honking horns and cheering spectators!)

I love how they have their hands raised in celebration in this image!

LOVE the cowboy hat and boots!


This image is my favorite because all day I was thinking Shannon looked like a princess, and at the very end of the night, the reception hall had pretty much cleared out, and Brendon and Shannon snuck back in for a final dance to Michael Buble's "Everything" (which happens to be my little sister's First Dance song!), and while dancing, Shannon lost her shoe. So Brendon bent down to help her put her shoe back on, and the whole scene was very "Cinderella". TOO SWEET!!


These two are just so sweet together, I had a really tough time choosing just a few favorite photos, so I decided to put a bunch in a slideshow you can view at this link: Loomis-Loucks Wedding.

The quote that came to mind for these two, because they are just too cute, comes from Winnie the Pooh, and has been one of my favorites quotes for years because of the steady, sweet, supportive love it represents:

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
"Pooh!" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing" said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
~ A. A. Milne

We wish you both as much happiness and love and laughter in your future as was so evident on your wedding day! Thank you for choosing us to be a part of it! Congratulations!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the Images. We are blessed to have Happy as our Photographer. We really appreciate all of her hard work. Now we are going to have a hard time picking which images to frame...all of them look perfect. Thank you Happy

Unknown said...

Amazing post about Cinderella wedding! I also enjoyed a beautiful wedding on last week. My cousin tied wedding knot in heart throbbing Royal style. She had reserved one of best New York wedding venues for her special day and it was just so adorable.