Sunday, June 15, 2008

Three Generations

I had a wonderful time this weekend photographing a wedding which included three generations on both sides of the family. I have such an affinity for the older generations, that I can't help when they are around paying special attention to them. (I know this goes back to my father having passed away a few years ago). We had both sets of parents as well as grandparents at this wedding and it was just beautiful to see all of them there to share in such a joyous occasion. The bride was absolutely stunning, and the groom and his groomsmen were very GQ in their tuxes. What a fun night!

The beautiful bride.

The newlyweds share a romantic moment.

The first dance.

Between her father's toast which was beautiful, and the father-daughter dance...it get's me teary every time.

A romantic carriage ride to the reception.


Some fun stuff too...

Though the bride and groom hardly belong in the background, this was just too sweet with the parents and grandparents on the groom's side. After I finished taking this photo, grandfather whispered to me that kiss was 66 years in the making!! BEAUTIFUL! (Can I just say THIS is why I do what I do?? LOVE IT!)

This furry little guy was the ringbearer during the ceremony! And he did an EXCELLENT job! :)

I love this. As we were taking photos of the bride and groom, the groom's brother and mother were by themselves dancing in the background. Too sweet!

We got some hilariously cute images of the bride and groom, and I absolutely love this playful set.

I thought of this quote as we were taking the photos under the tree with the sun streaming through the branches.

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
~Anonymous

I wish you much happiness.

2 comments:

Backwards HAT said...

Hi Happy,

We had a blast meeting you and I think Evan and Nicola will enjoy these pictures tremendously! As one of the groomsmen you mentioned as looking "very GQ" in our tuxes, I was a little disappointed not to see a picture of us goofing around though... ;) I'll look forward to seeing more of these excellent frames soon!

Cheers,
Tom

SoHi Photography said...

It was great meeting you, too, Tom! It was a great time and a great party! Sorry about not including an image of you...I had to choose my absolute favorites and of COURSE that mostly includes the bride and groom! :) ~Happy.