Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Grandparents

I love when I have the opportunity to photograph multiple generations, and today I had the opportunity to photograph the little one, her mom, and mom's parents. Here are some of the images we came up with:


These are the grandparent's hands. To me this symbolizes the love and support that will come from an additional generation. The baby may not understand that network of family that exists, but they are there to guide and love and support. Love that.



While we took a break to feed the baby, I photographed just the grandparents. I think they thought I was crazy when I told them I was photographing just their hands :), but my personal thought is that hands reveal so much depth and history about a person's life - one's hands have worked for so many years, been through so much of life..there are so many stories that these hands could tell. I love the casual grasp here, too. So comfortable from so many years. I love these details!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful experience. All of them are pictures to treasure, especially the multigeneration photo. We never had our hands pictured before. Your edits are great- makes me look younger! Can't wait to see more pictures.
Lila Auntie

Unknown said...

These are so wonderful Happy! You will need to do this for us when our little one joins us later this year!

Anonymous said...

These are really great photos! You've captured some wonderful moments for our family to cherish for generations to come.

Anonymous said...

All of the pictures have been so great, Happy!
-Jen