Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One of the Highlights of my life

The past few weeks have been so busy for me both professionally and personally. One of the high points of my life occurred on April 22nd when one of my closest friends gave birth to her first baby. She and I have a history going back to 1994 when we met in college, and since then it's been no looking back. We have been though everything together including moving out to Colorado, my dad passing away, marriage and now her first baby!! I was lucky enough to share this event with her in the delivery room. She actually had a c-section and it was just amazing to be able to experience this with her, and also to capture this event that she 'kinda' remembers, but can now experience again through my images. I know this is alot, but here are a bunch of those images, all taken within a few hours of birth from our own personal collection of images.

This is me SO EXCITED before being let into the OR.

SURGERY! I couldn't take any images of the actual surgery, so this doesn't actually show anything.

The little guy's first photo!!

Being handed to daddy for the first time!

Mom still being worked on with daddy holding baby in the foreground.

Daddy taking in that he is a father!!!

7.10lbs!! Not a little one!

Mommy and baby getting to know each other!


Cute as a button!!

No comments: